Pages

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Say it with cake...

I have many people in my life who when it comes to birthdays or any other cause for giving a gift, are absolute hell to buy for. Although the usual go to 'no idea' gift cards or cash will suffice, I sometimes like to add something a little bit more personal, either as an added extra, or a much cheaper alternative (yes I'm tight like that)! So I ask myself, what is the one failsafe option loved by 99% of the population? CAKE! Now, if you have never set foot in a kitchen then this might not be the best option for you just yet, we don't want to be giving the gift of food poisoning; but if you know your whisk from your wooden spoon, then what could possibly go wrong? So, decide on a great recipe, whack out the mixing bowl, put on an apron and... Say it with cake! After all it shows much more time and effort than just putting money in an envelope, and there's lots of things you can do to make it look really pretty such as edible glitter, sprinkles and even ready made icing shapes; you can get them everywhere and lots of them are really affordable!

My cupcakes for last years diamond jubilee (I made the cake toppers myself! Super cheap!)

I always bake a cake for my friends and family's birthdays, mothers day, fathers day, easter, parties, christmas... any excuse really, and (I hope) it's enjoyed by everyone!

Please follow us on twitter @vanillavelvets and don't hesitate to leave a comment, we love to know what you think!
Bye for now x


No comments:

Post a Comment